Friday, September 3, 2010

The trouble with thrift


Also what I get for staying to clean up after the BBQ:

Cold baked potatoes.

I have so many cold baked potatoes I'm afraid to count them. I used up a few as hash browns yesterday, then got down to business this afternoon, putting 10 of them in a casserole with cream cheese and sour cream that I had to go out and buy, then freezing that and making a whole other potato dish for dinner.

CBP's do not mash nicely like freshly cooked potatoes. You have to grate them -- or purée them, in which case you should get them well started before you throw in anything you want to blend with them.

They need lots of cheese, sour cream, fat for frying, and probably other stuff I haven't yet thought of.

Too bad it's not cool enough for potato soup. By this time next week, that may not stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment